What is a Representative/Delegation?
A Representative of Jóvenes
por una Cuba Libre is a person who volunteers to expand the efforts of the organization in their city, community, or university.
Once several Representatives or members unite in a particular city, community, or university, a Delegation or a chapter can
Why is it necessary to have Representatives/Delegations?
information and reading materials among larger groups of people and to communicate the message of freedom and democracy of
Cuba’s opposition movement more effectively.
Who becomes a Representative or joins a Delegation?
interest in supporting this initiative can become a Representative or join a Delegation. Members can include students, professionals,
intellectuals, professors, teachers, politicians, and anyone interested in promoting human rights and democracy in Cuba, regardless
of age or nationality.
What are the basic tasks of a Representative/Delegation?
Each group defines its tasks based
on its interests and specific characteristics. Possible activities include:
* Distributing information on the situation of human rights and political prisoners
* Distributing information on the existence of Jóvenes por una Cuba Libre and
their activities to relevant members of the community.
* Recruiting new members of Jóvenes por una Cuba Libre.
* Meeting periodically to organize joint activities.
* Sponsoring at least one political prisoner in Cuba.
* Seeking sponsors for Cuba’s political prisoners among cultural institutions,
NGOs, political parties, human rights groups, student organizations, and others.
* Sending messages of solidarity to Cuba’s political prisoners and their
* Utilizing the media to inform and educate the community about the human rights
situation in Cuba.
* Maintaining regular communication with Jóvenes por una Cuba Libre, in Miami,
so that the group Representatives and coordinators can receive orientation, information on activities, reports on shipments
to Cuba and general news.
If you are interested in becoming a Representative or creating a Delegation for
Jóvenes por una Cuba Libre in your community, please get in touch with Daniel Pedreira at (786) 252-3928, or via e-mail at
Or visit http://jcubalibre.tripod.com